Temecula Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation
100% Satisfaction Guarantee on Parts & Labor
Garbage disposals are a luxury appliance to have for the way they help us dispose of waste in our kitchens. As you wash dishes, a garbage disposal’s blades help grind down any discarded scraps or substances so they easily exit through your pipes. Because we place stuff down our garbage disposals instead of in the trash can, these appliances help prevent waste from ending up in landfills and instead put organic matter back into the environment. Whether you’re interested in a new unit for your property or your current one is not working as it should, you can rely on the Temecula garbage disposal repair and installation specialists at JC Plumbing. We’ve been providing top-quality plumbing services since 2003 and prioritize our customers’ complete satisfaction. Between straightforward pricing, in-depth explanations, and technicians that have passed thorough background checks and drug tests, there are many reasons why our customers keep coming back to us with their plumbing issues.
Common Causes of Broken Garbage Disposals
It’s easy to think that we can put just anything down the garbage disposal because of its sheer power, but this is unfortunately not the case. Many substances can get stuck in the blades or cause eventual clogs.
To help preserve your garbage disposal, we recommend you avoid putting the following substances down it:
- Coffee grounds
- Meat and skin
- Fibrous foods, such as celery
- Large bones
- Banana peels
- Seeds and pits
- Foreign objects
In addition to clogs, our Temecula garbage disposal repair experts are also equipped to handle issues where the unit won’t turn on at all, is jammed, makes excessive noise, or leaks. When we arrive at your property, we will first inspect your unit to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and walk you through the steps necessary to fix it.
When Is It Time to Replace My Garbage Disposal?
Just like any appliance, your garbage disposal will not last forever and there will come a time it’s time to replace it with a new one. Fortunately, our Temecula garbage disposal installation specialists are well versed in both continuous-feed and batch-feed units. We work with any make, model, and brand and will assist you in selecting the one that best fits your needs.
Signs that it is time to replace your current unit include:
- You are frequently resetting it: The reset button your garbage disposal is supposed to be used to help it recover from large loads or clogs. However, if you’re having to reset your unit frequently, it could be a sign that your garbage disposal is aging out. It could also be an issue with your wiring, which we will inspect when we arrive at your property.
- You experience inexplicable clogs: If you take great care to not put anything that could damage your blades or cause a blockage down your garbage disposal, but you’re still experiencing frequent clogs, it could mean that your unit simply cannot keep up and you require a higher capacity model.
- You hear unusual noises: Any time your unit makes sounds that aren’t normal, it’s a signal that something is wrong. If you’re sure that a foreign object, such as a spoon, isn’t stuck down it, it could be that the components are misaligned and grind together when you run the unit. Additionally, frequent obstructions can cause damage to the motor, so it’s important to ensure you are careful with what you put down your garbage disposal.
- You can’t get it to power on: Anytime your unit has issues with power, it could be due to an electrical issue, like a blown circuit, or it could be the result of a failing motor.
- Your unit performs poorly: Garbage disposals don’t take that long to break down waste products. Therefore, if your unit takes an exceptionally long time to get the job done, it could be that your blades have deteriorated too much. We will inspect your unit to determine whether we can sharpen the blades or whether you need a full unit replacement.
At JC Plumbing, we are a family owned and operated company, which is why we know how important it is to ensure your family is safe. When you work with us, you can rest assured you’re in good hands because we proudly boast the Technician Seal of Safety. Our plumbers will work with you to determine which unit would be best to preserve the well-being and function of your family.
Get started by calling (951) 433-7780 today.