Garbage Disposal Installation in Murrieta
Make Cooking & Cleaning Easy with a Garbage Disposal Unit
Garbage disposals are a staple in every American kitchen. At least, they should be due to their convenience and usefulness. You can make cleaning during and after preparing a meal a breeze by flicking a switch and disposing refuse.
Is your kitchen seriously lacking the power of a garbage disposal? Have you been searching for "Garbage disposal installation near me"? Look no further, call (951) 433-7780 to connect with JC Plumbing in Murrieta! Our plumbing technicians offer quick, easy, and competitively-priced garbage disposal installation services.
To find out more, fill out an online contact form today.
5 Things You Should Never Put Down Your Garbage Disposal
Your garbage disposal is strong enough to chew up all sorts of food waste. It is not invincible, though, as many people incorrectly perceive. If the wrong thing ends up in the disposal, it could cause serious damage to it or you may need to replace it. Below are five items that should never make it down your sink.
Here is a quick list of five things to never put down your garbage disposal:
- Grease: The biggest offender for household things that go down the disposal but definitely should not is grease. After cooking bacon in the morning or some burgers for dinner, it seems natural to just dump the leftover grease down the sink for easy clean up. Do not do this in your kitchen. Grease sticks to the pipes, coagulates, and causes major clogs, and in less time than you might expect. The best way to dispose grease easily in your own home is carefully pouring it into a can and tossing that into the regular garbage when full. If you are worried about spilling, you can reduce how much grease you have to pour by first using a paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- Eggshells: When you are finishing up your breakfast, do not act too hasty with those eggshells! Put them into the garbage can, not the disposal. Eggshells are naturally resilient, so the chopping blades of a garbage disposal struggles to pulverize them. After a while, a clog will occur. With this in mind, do not break eggs over the sink, as bits of shell will fall in.
- Produce stickers: The little stickers slapped onto fruits and vegetables seem innocuous, but they can cause big problems for your garbage disposal. The adhesive can stick to blades and pipes, contributing to clogs. Along this same line of thinking, do not put any paper products into the disposal, either.
- Flour and pasta: A food group that can resist the power of a garbage disposal and clog up is pasta and other flour-dense foods. Pasta is dense and sticky, which acts against the disposal blades. Flour, on the other hand, naturally clumps up with water, so pouring it down your sink effectively stuffs “fresh bread” right into the pipe. Not ideal.
- Coffee grounds: Last but not least, coffee grounds end up in disposals across the country every morning. Each one of these incidents is a bit of a problem, though. Coffee grounds will also likely lump up, causing a clog.
Choosing a New Garbage Disposal
Whether you want a brand new garbage disposal unit because your kitchen doesn’t have one at all, or you want to replace an old unit that is acting up, you will have your choices of new models. You can talk with our plumbers about your options and considerations if you don’t know where to begin. We can install all types of garbage disposal units safely and quickly, so no matter what you end up choosing, we can install it.
There are two designs of garbage disposal units you can choose:
- Continuous-feed: Most people have a continuous-feed garbage disposal, which can be switched on and off as desired. Simply flip a switch and let the garbage disposal do its work, then shut it off when finished.
- Batch-feed: For added safety, you can install a batch-feed garbage disposal, which can only be activated when the unit is capped shut. The trade-off is less convenience because you can’t leave it running while you scoop refuse into it.
If you don’t have any kids or pets that like to explore around your kitchen in your house, then a continuous-feed garbage disposal unit is probably the right choice. The convenience and typically-lower cost are great benefits. However, if you are worried about safety, or silverware getting forgotten down there, then a batch-feed will be best.
Garbage disposal installations in Murrieta are easy with JC Plumbing. Call (951) 433-7780 now.
$100 Off Tankless Water Heater Installation Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Call today for more details!Valid from Jan 1, 2021 - Sep 30, 2021
$25 Off Any Plumbing Service Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Call today for more details!Valid from Apr 15, 2021 - Sep 30, 2021